To sign up with Clearpay you need to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid and verifiable email address and phone number
- Use a UK bank payment card - Visa or Mastercard Debit or Credit Card
- Be capable of entering into a legally binding contract
- Have a verifiable and valid ID
- Be living in the UK (England / Wales / Scotland & Northern Ireland) No UK territories or British Forces Post Offices addresses are allowed, No Isle of Mann or Isle or Jersey or Isle of Guernsey addresses are allowed
We offer simple instalment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four instalments, due every 2 weeks.
Simply choose Clearpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
After you check out, the goods will be shipped to you. At any time, you can log in to your Clearpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise we will automatically take the money from your debit or credit card every 2 weeks.
Clearpay does not approve 100% of orders. We are committed to ensuring we support responsible spending.
When determining which orders to approve, we considers a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper with Clearpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see the first instalment amount being available to spend)
- length of time you have been using Clearpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- adding a credit card may increase your spending power (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)
Whilst we know it can be frustrating to not know exactly how much you can spend each time or how many active orders you can have, our rules and approval process help Clearpay responsibly offer a completely free service to our shoppers.
Clearpay does not charge a fee to shoppers when purchasing. The only fees applied to a shoppers account are late fees if your scheduled payments are unsuccessfully processed and, after being notified, you do not log in to your Clearpay account to make your payment via a different method.
If you have not made the payment before the due date, and the automatic payment fails, you have until 11pm the following day to make payment.
After 11pm the following day, if that payment has not been made, you will incur a late payment fee of £6 and a further late fee of £6 if the payment is not made within 7 days (as stated in our terms)