How does Clearpay Work?
How to pay in 4
- Add the items to your cart
- Choose Clearpay as your payment method at checkout.
- Log in or create your Clearpay account, with instant approval decision.
- Recieve your order straight away & pay it off over 6 weeks in 4 interest-free instalments.
Who can use Clearpay?
To sign up with Clearpay you need to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid and verifiable email address and phone number
- Use a UK bank payment card - Visa or Mastercard Debit or Credit Card
- Be capable of entering into a legally binding contract
- Have a verifiable and valid ID
- Be living in the UK (England / Wales / Scotland & Northern Ireland) No UK territories or British Forces Post Offices addresses are allowed, No Isle of Mann or Isle or Jersey or Isle of Guernsey addresses are allowed
Clearpay does not approve 100% of orders. We are committed to ensuring we support responsible spending.
When determining which orders to approve, we considers a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper with Clearpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see the first instalment amount being available to spend)
- length of time you have been using Clearpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- adding a credit card may increase your spending power (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)
Whilst we know it can be frustrating to not know exactly how much you can spend each time or how many active orders you can have, our rules and approval process help Clearpay responsibly offer a completely free service to our shoppers.
Is there a cost for using Clearpay?
Clearpay lends you a fixed amount of credit so you can pay for your purchase over 4 instalments, due every 2 weeks. Ensure you can make repayments on time. You must be 18+ and a permanent UK resident (excl Channel Islands). Clearpay charges a £6 late fee for each late instalment and a further £6 if it’s still unpaid 7 days later. Late fees are capped at £6 for orders under £24 and the lower of £24 or 25% of the order value for orders over £24. Missed payments may affect your ability to use Clearpay in the future and your details may be passed onto a debt collection agency working on Clearpay's behalf. Clearpay is credit that is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. T&Cs and other eligibility criteria apply at clearpay.co.uk/terms